Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
This has nothing to do with plans.. it's the cost of the phone? Where did you get anything about unlimited data? That has not changed..

The difference is you're paying an @ss load on a monthly basis to keep your unlimited AND paying full price for your phone.. You get no monthly discount for paying full price

The irony: Your now soft CAPPED at 5gb and it's no longer truly unlimited, unlike T-Mobile.. AND we pay less monthly WITH paying for the phone over time.. So yea, we laugh.. :rolleyes:

I pay 70$ and my unlimited data is NOT capped. So care to try again? :eek:

gopnick

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
I went to their site to switch... thank goodness I checked their coverage. They have only 2G in my area... Sprint has 3G, AT&T and Verizon each have LTE (and have had it for some time, now).

T-Mo needs to seriously work on their network.

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
All mobile carriers have their good and bad areas. In my experience though, T-Mobile's cell coverage is worse then the other major carriers.

Exactly. Ive tried Tmobile twice but with all my travelling for work I'd get fired if I was still with them. I like many of the changes they have been making but their prices arent low enough to make up for a loss of income.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
I went to their site to switch... thank goodness I checked their coverage. They have only 2G in my area... Sprint has 3G, AT&T and Verizon each have LTE (and have had it for some time, now).

T-Mo needs to seriously work on their network.

I just switched from Sprint. Sprint stated that there data speed in my area was 3G, turns out I was only getting 2G speeds.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
The coverage argument is relative to where you live and work. Who cares if Verizon has coverage across every dirt road in Mississippi? I don't because I don't ever plan on going there.

gopnick

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
The coverage argument is relative to where you live and work. Who cares if Verizon has coverage across every dirt road in Mississippi? I don't because I don't ever plan on going there.

What if you live on a dirt road in Mississippi?

Or in my case, near a major freeway in a metro area with 2 million people, but only 2G T-Mo coverage?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.