T-Mobile Series 2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kelsey498, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Kelsey498 macrumors newbie

Anyone know if T-Mobile is going to be selling series 2 on launch day? They aren't doing pre-orders so not sure what I can expect on launch day.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I wanted to see if I could order one on installment plan... two reps were ready to order for me despite me trying to tell them the $350 model is definitely not series 2...

I will just be buying outright (already ordered from Apple). My feeling is they will not have day one stock, but who knows? Trying to ask anyone at TMO for a straight answer is a fool's errand. At least in my experience.

3. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

I completely agree with you. I have a preorder with Apple just in case but also wanted to do it on the installment plan. I've talked to T-Mobile people on the phone, on the chat, in the stores, through Twitter, and Facebook, and not one has given me the same answer about it. I am so frustrated by their lack of understanding and coordination. Seems like no one knows what's actually going on with the watch. Glad I'm not the only one...

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Nobody there generally knows what's going on about a whole lot of things. Again, my experiences, purely. This year's iPhone orders were only marginally better for me than last years. Midnight PST rolled around and I sat on hold for 30 minutes to sit with a rep for 40 minutes to be told I should just call back later... If I cared as much about this launch as I did last launches (we upgraded one phone this year versus three last) I would have stayed on the line, but I just opted to sleep. Called the next day around 9am PST and got an order in for black 32gb 7 and already have a tracking number.

So many things wrong with their ordering, starting with an inability to order online with JoD. Why? I let last year slide since JoD was practically a brand new offering. It's been out more than a year and I still need to call in or go to the store to order? Oh... they also tried to charge me $27 for a phone order. I asked what that was about and if it was new since this wasn't something they asked of me last year. The rep just waived the fee.

That said, each and every correspondance I have had with an employee of tmobile has been polite and pleasant (well, as pleasant as "we effed up all your order" can be lol). We only upgrade, at most, once a year (the only reason we did JoD rather than Jump is due to the non forced insurance policy), so it's something I am willing to deal with. But I think a very large part of customer service is actually getting orders right. With me they have just been very good damage control lol.

5. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't do preorders last year but I was reading the T-Mobile forum on here and it seems like it went better but there's still some issues. My preorder experience this year was fine so I have no complaints in terms of that. I ordered around 9 am MT and have a tracking number but I also got a 7 32gb rose gold so I know mine isn't one of the most popular options.

I also agree that the inability to do JoD online is stupid. I cannot see the reasoning behind that and I would hope that will change in the future. Although, I've read that they're trying to phase out JoD so who knows. The people I've talked to have also been very nice and as helpful as I guess they can be. I just feel like there should be a definitive yes or no answer when it comes to the watches. Either they have them or they don't and no one has the same answer.

I'm looking forward to the phone but I am much more excited about the watch because I don't have one yet. I wanted to get one last year but just never felt compelled enough to do it I guess. At least we both have orders for them with Apple and fingers crossed that all goes well with the phones! Although, I'd be pretty happy if T-Mobile would get the watch before I get mine from Apple so I can do the EIP but I feel like that's wishful thinking at this point lol

6. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. grinny11 macrumors regular

Same thing is happening to me. They just directed me to the apple.com from twitter. Duh!!! LOL.

I'm not in to big of a hurry. I have the original Watch that I'm giving away to a family member. Not sure whether I want Series 1 or 2 since I don't swim or run. Hopefully some reviews will help persuade me either direction.

8. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

They sent me to apple.com too...as if that wasn't my first place to go lol. This'll be my first watch so I'm pretty excited! I run frequently so I'm excited about the GPS but if you don't have a use for the waterproof or GPS, might as well save that money I guess! I think I'm more excited about the watch than the phone :)

9. grinny11 macrumors regular

The watch isn't life changing for 3rd party apps, but for default apple apps, it is amazing.

Mail, messaging, home kit, reminders are all awesome! I've left home and gone back to get my watch. Never had a day without it.

10. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad to hear that! Makes me more excited! :)

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wonder if that press release is literal in that it will be available online (and maybe not in stores?)... my Apple.com order isn;t coming util the 26th apparently. I'd rather get in on a payment plan if I can, but don;t want to wait if I don;t have to. Target is still ideal, but I am not holding my breath.

12. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

My order is supposed to be delivered by the 30th so I'm really hoping I can either get one in stores from Apple or do the EIP with T-Mobile. I'm also going to try Target because of my red card (best thing ever!) but they don't have the specific color I want according to their online options so we'll see about that. I did hear from a couple of the T-Mobile people I talked to that they'll have them in stores on Friday. Of course, if you want to do the EIP you have to go to the select stores that offer them.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yeah, I know exactly which stores offer them in store. My problem is TMO reps are lovely at giving me different answer. Ask four people and get five different answers kind of thing. I also don't want to waste time store hopping. Kind of torn about even trying Apple; I am sure lines will be long and I doubt there will be separate watch lines.

I think my plan of attack will be to hit target when they open, followed by the TMO if target is a bust and then just accept that I can wait for mail to arrive a week later if neither pans out haha.

14. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds like a good plan! Lol think I will call the closest T-Mobile store with the watches Thursday night to see if they have any info. The closest one to me is about 20 minutes away so I'd rather not drive all the way there if they aren't going to have them. After that, not sure what I'll do :) would be nice if Apple has separate lines for watches since demand won't be as high but like you said, doubt that will happen.

15. awputra macrumors member

Wait?!? So we can order AW2 through tmobile? How can we do the installment? Is it also 2 years?

16. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that's what we're wondering. We aren't completely sure if they'll have it. Not sure about eip terms but you have to go into a certain store to be able to do it. No online or phone orders for eip, at least with the last watch. Here's a list of stores that do eip: https://explore.t-mobile.com/apple-watch-sport?icid=WMD_TM_APPLWTCH_F2VBH6HCKNJ3005#AL

17. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I spoke to several T-Mo reps and they said they will carry the watch starting launch day.

Also, yes you can get it on installments. It is an EIP since it is an accessory so there is no Jump available.

18. awputra macrumors member

Awesome! Glad i found this information here. Since they dont sell it online right now, we can assume that they might sell it in store this friday?

19. awputra macrumors member

Learning that bestbuy delayed their apple watch deliveries, do u guys think that we are able to get aw2 this friday at tmobile store?

I surely will take advantage of eip than buying it for one payment lol

20. grinny11 macrumors regular

Two t-mobile stores in San Francisco that carry first gen watches said they will not be selling them tomorrow. They said to check back this weekend.

21. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I just called one store here that said they aren't sure, T-Mobile's Twitter said no, and the agent I spoke with over chat said yes...not sure what to believe.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    Called a couple more stores and it sounds like they won't have it in stores but they will have it online. So, no EIP.

22. awputra macrumors member

Even if we buy it online, still no EIP?

23. Kelsey498 thread starter macrumors newbie

From what I know, you will not be able to buy it in stores at all.

24. awputra macrumors member

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but i chatted with one customer service on facebook and she told me that it will be available on 22nd in store and online. I hope it is true