Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
Got my shipping email Friday around 1am EST. Should be here Monday, Friday would have been better but at least I have a tracking number.

That's good to hear, when did you place your order ?

I ordered mine, 32gb silver, Wednesday morning (11/6) at 6am and today my order still shows "back-order" but the shipping date says 11/12 ? I called them today and T Mobile said that they should be shipping them next week. Hopefully that is true, not freaking out like some, but I'm pretty excited to get it.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
I ordered mine on Friday (Online order turned to phone order after a prompt to call/chat with support for ID verification) and the status still shows "Processing" when I check online. When I was ordering I noticed that it said your CC won't be charged until it ships, but mine has already been charged.

Anyone with similar experience? Just curious if I can determine an ETA as I'm dying to get my hands on this thing already! :)

mistersnowmans

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2013
My card was charged as well.

Anyone else specifically waiting for an ipad space gray 16gb? I've ordered mine last Saturday and still waiting

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
This morning my shipping info is updated to "Overnight ($0.00) 1 business day
11/12" Looks promising?

My order is for a 32gb Space Gray.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
congrats!

I'm untouched - Standard (free) 2-4 business days
11/6-11/8

Thanks, but not getting my hopes up until I have a tracking number in hand. It hurts less to assume it's not coming and having it arrive early than the other way around, haha

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
My order on 11/6 still shows "back-order" and my CC has been "processed" but not charged yet, there's a difference.

Anyhow, I'm now hearing that it could be until 11/27 until they ship. :mad:

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
My order on 11/6 still shows "back-order" and my CC has been "processed" but not charged yet, there's a difference.

Anyhow, I'm now hearing that it could be until 11/27 until they ship. :mad:

I'm having a somewhat similar experience and HORRIBLE experiences calling customer service on this.

I ordered a 32gb on 11/8 and was told no charge til it ships. I get two charges showing up - $1 and the total for my order on 11/8. Then today I get another one for an amount about $11 less than my order total. I went back and forth with T-Mo on this and was told it should ship "any day now" and my card will be charged then. I informed them that their holds had brought my available credit on this card down significantly (should have used the amex...) and that the charge might not go through if they try to process yet again tomorrow. After calling my bank and confirming that the charge would be denied tomorrow I called a THIRD time to try and change the CC for the order. I was then informed that the original charge from 11/8 would stick, that today was just a "check if your card is ok?" transaction and that the ipad was being picked up overnight by UPS to arrive by Thursday.

Glad to have it arriving this week but regretting hoping back into bed with T-Mo after ditching them for Verizon for our cell service earlier this year. The only thing that kept me with them for 10 years before leaving this year WAS their customer service which has obviously taken a dive in the time I've been gone.

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
I'm having a somewhat similar experience and HORRIBLE experiences calling customer service on this.

I ordered a 32gb on 11/8 and was told no charge til it ships. I get two charges showing up - $1 and the total for my order on 11/8. Then today I get another one for an amount about $11 less than my order total. I went back and forth with T-Mo on this and was told it should ship "any day now" and my card will be charged then. I informed them that their holds had brought my available credit on this card down significantly (should have used the amex...) and that the charge might not go through if they try to process yet again tomorrow. After calling my bank and confirming that the charge would be denied tomorrow I called a THIRD time to try and change the CC for the order. I was then informed that the original charge from 11/8 would stick, that today was just a "check if your card is ok?" transaction and that the ipad was being picked up overnight by UPS to arrive by Thursday.

Glad to have it arriving this week but regretting hoping back into bed with T-Mo after ditching them for Verizon for our cell service earlier this year. The only thing that kept me with them for 10 years before leaving this year WAS their customer service which has obviously taken a dive in the time I've been gone.

Maybe I need to call and complain more, I ordered mine 2 days before you and they say your's is already shipping. :rolleyes: Hopefully mine is shipping too.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I gave up and ordered one for pickup from the Orlando store they have stock and its good to go now. Will cancel my tmobile order once I have it in hand tomorrow.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Maybe I need to call and complain more, I ordered mine 2 days before you and they say your's is already shipping. :rolleyes: Hopefully mine is shipping too.

Worth a shot. To be fair - did you order the same spec as mine? They could be receiving different stock on each.

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
Mine is black, so it could be a supply issue.

That's true, thanks. Funny, because when I was placing the order, I didn't care what color I got and was looking for a "first available" option.

I guess I need to stay patient, not easy though, I want my toy ! :D

expertmonk

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
I cancelled my initial 16gb space gray order over the phone because they said they had 32gb "in stock." Ha, pretty sure the guy had no idea what he was talking about. Overnight should have been here today, but my order says it's being processed. I probably just put myself further back in line. Oh well. I wanted to move up to 32 anyway. I am hoping everyone gets a shipment notification soon!

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
Just went to the T Mobile site just for the hell of it, looks like T Mobile still doesn't have them in stock and this is what the site says on their homepage about buying the 32gb Air: (notice the final sentence)

Learn more

New device purchase requires a SIM Starter Kit which will be added to your order automatically.
5 / 55
Read 1 Review
$72999 full retail price
$9999 up front
+ $2625 x 24/mo. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. 0% APR O.A.C for well-qualified buyers. Qual’g service req’d.
+ $10.00
SIM Starter Kit
BUY NOW Login to My T-Mobile
This product will be available for shipment soon. Order now.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Things seem pretty inconsistent. Mine has a tracking number but nothing in the UPS tracking is available. Wondering if I should expect it tomorrow or Thursday now.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Well as soon as I gave up and ordered for pickup at the apple store I received my shipping and tracking info from T-Mobile. Arrives tomorrow. I suppose I'll save myself the trip to orlando and cancel my apple store pickup order now.

16gb space gray.

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Well as soon as I gave up and ordered for pickup at the apple store I received my shipping and tracking info from T-Mobile. Arrives tomorrow. I suppose I'll save myself the trip to orlando and cancel my apple store pickup order now.

16gb space gray.

Congrats!

My drama just keeps going on this. My order was online but ended on the phone when I was prompted to contact them to complete the order. The chat/phone rep ended up missing that my shipping addy was different and said they couldn't do anything (despite the item being backordered still...) and that I'd have to contact UPS, but that it was easy to handle.

Well she left out two facts about this. 1 - This caused a delay in my shipping time and my package won't arrive today as scheduled. 2 - I HAD TO PAY FOR THIS! IT WAS $5 TO FIX THEIR MISTAKE.

Not happy :mad:

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
I just called T Mobile to inquire the status on my Air order placed on 11/6 at 6am, 32gb silver. They said it still shows back-ordered, but they said there is movement and I should get a shipping notice this week. The rep was very nice and up front and stated that they are speculating and T Mobile greatly under estimated the demand for the Air, but they are shipping units this week, she backed that up as fact.

I'm getting a little tired of waiting but this is the way I'm looking at it. I could go and pay cash for one, but I will accept a 2 week wait for 0% financing. I can keep my money in the bank and use their "money" for 2 years and make payments. For now my laptop and phone will have to due. :)

Hope everyone get there's soon, good luck !

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
I just called T Mobile to inquire the status on my Air order placed on 11/6 at 6am, 32gb silver. They said it still shows back-ordered, but they said there is movement and I should get a shipping notice this week. The rep was very nice and up front and stated that they are speculating and T Mobile greatly under estimated the demand for the Air, but they are shipping units this week, she backed that up as fact.

I'm getting a little tired of waiting but this is the way I'm looking at it. I could go and pay cash for one, but I will accept a 2 week wait for 0% financing. I can keep my money in the bank and use their "money" for 2 years and make payments. For now my laptop and phone will have to due. :)

Hope everyone get there's soon, good luck !

You're the winner of the day just for getting straight information from a T-Mo rep about an order! :p

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Mine ended up arriving today. UPS was kind enough to deliver it to the business next door...but eventually I tracked it down and it's here.

solar240sx

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2013
Mine ended up arriving today. UPS was kind enough to deliver it to the business next door...but eventually I tracked it down and it's here.

Awesome ! I bet you're happy.

I guess the silver 32gb aren't shipping as quickly as the gray ones. I believe you put your order in 2 days after I ordered mine and I still have no shipping email yet. :rolleyes:

kap09

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Awesome ! I bet you're happy.

I guess the silver 32gb aren't shipping as quickly as the gray ones. I believe you put your order in 2 days after I ordered mine and I still have no shipping email yet. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that's the case. I was on the t-mo site today trying to sort out my data package and noticed that the 32gb black doesn't show backordered anymore but most of the others do.

Hang in there, it's worth the wait :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.