T-Mobile Sims 1 Cent - Good for What?

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
So there is a deal(?) currently to order T-Mobile Sims online for $0.01 each rather than the $10.00 each that they normally cost.

I am looking to purchase an iPad in the near future and my brother is looking to switch to T-Mobile when the new iPhone comes out. So here are my questions:

1) Can I use a T-Mobile Sim in a Verizon or AT&T iPad Air to get 200MB of data free? Not thinking I will need it except for a rare occasion, but the option is nice and their monthly data plans aren't bad if needed. (I have also heard it is possible to use a Verizon iPhone nano-Sim card in a Verizon iPad sim card slot and access the data plan on the iPad--I have an unlimited plan.)

2) Is it worth it for my brother to buy a nano-Sim card for the iPhone 6 if he is planning to switch carriers when it comes out?

3) Is there any other reason to consider buying a T-Mobile sim/micro/nano card?

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
1. If they are unlocked. Not sure if they come that way by default.

2. That's assuming it uses nano sim and doesn't use some new unknown smaller form factor.

3. It's $0.01. As long as you don't have to pay for activation and shipping is free at the time of purchase. You might as well buy a few just in case.

awair

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Verizon iPad is the "worldwide" model. Always unlocked

I am using T-Mobile (free 200 MB) SIM in US, and various others elsewhere.

Works fine, but not as quick as my overseas LTE connection.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
The sale is back on. I just ordered one for one cent. I'm selling my 3 and buying an Air. I want to have this tucked away when I receive the Air. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.