Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Moving to Fort Lauderale in a few weeks, and wondered if anyone has experience with T-Mobile in that area. I currently have Verizon, with no complaints other than it being way more expensive than T-Mobile - which is why I'm considering switching.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
Before you switch, be aware that TMobile network has signal limitations or no signal inside building due to weak or lack of building penetrations. TMobile offers cheap price because they have many limitations and offer great service on a small service portions of Verizon and ATT offer. TMobile offers many perks to compensate their subscribers for any inconvenience the subscribers experience.

Also, it is better to ask your trusted friends and coworkers about your question as they are better sources than any commenters here, including myself. I do not work for Verizon or ATT. I used to be TMobile subscriber but changed to Verizon due to many inconveniences I found with TMobile especially building penetration issues and lack of coverage outside metropolitan area.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Dont listen to the above poster, he posts the same things against Tmobile every time the topic comes up.
Stop paying an arm and a leg for Verizon thinking that's the only carrier that has good service.
Find out what the local area coverage is and data speeds in the place you will relocate to and places that you frequent the most.
Also you have 30 days to try out and port out if you're not satisfied with service.
Many people take advantage of Tmobiles great offers and way better monthly rates with goverment taxes and fees included now.
I switched over 2 years ago and I should have done it way sooner. Coverage and data speeds are fantastic.

Reactions: macjoshua

maxjohnson2

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2017
T-Mobile is awesome in South Florida, especially post paid with less throttling. On prepaid and MVNO still manageable, but less good. I think you will have a good experience.

Reactions: macjoshua
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.