T-mobile / Sprint questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crzdcolombian, Sep 4, 2011.

1. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

So both these companies might get the iphone. I was wondering if either of them allow you to talk and search the web at the same time? They are both way cheaper than ATT. The talk/web browse feature on ATT is pretty hard to beat. It has saved my ass multiple times when I was suppose to do stuff for my girlfriend and forgot.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. neile45 macrumors regular

with Sprint changing their ETF and upgrade fees, I'm wondering how long they will be cheaper. But Sprint cannot unless you are on their 4g network.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

You get what you pay for. In my opinion Sprint and T-mobile stink compared to AT&T and VZW.

5. neile45 macrumors regular

It depends on where you are. I have had Sprint for over 6 years now, no problems. I love the prices, also. I switched from VZW when I moved to Sprint, and I had no problems with either.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If the phone is able to utilize t-mobile's 3G, then yes to multitasking. However, edge doesn't allow for multitasking, whether it's at&t or any other gsm carrier.

7. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

lol, so the commercial on TV is what you are.

What he said^

CDMA(Sprint) doesn't allowed data/voice simultaneously

GSM(T-Mobile) does

Who ever said Sprint, T mobile sucks compared to ATT and Verizon is dead wrong. You must not have used Sprint or T-Mobile then because there service is good.

Paying more with ATT and Verizon doesn't mean that they are better. ( They do have a wider and more exclusive phone selection which is why they have higher prices I assume along with their networks)

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

neile45 is correct. I've been with T-Mobile for years now and in my area I get great coverage. So really it depends on where you are and how good coverage is in that particular area.

9. macinnv macrumors regular

My T-Mobile service is usually more reliable and faster pretty much wherever I go compared to my ATT friends. There has been a steady stream of Sprint rumors but very little T-Mobile rumors so they probably won't get it.

10. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

True, but I think LTE does allow it, so if you are on CDMA with Verizon, and your phone has LTE for data, you can do it. I know there are some newer Verizon Android devices that allow simultaneous voice and data.

As for price, Sprint is no better if you are only on a 1 line plan. However, Sprint does give you more features (free TeleNav, nights at 7pm, unlimited data for the time being) for the same amount of money.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt the next iphone would be LTE though.
    So if its just a dual GSM/CDMA like rumored then if used on Sprint of Verizon it will still have that limitation with no talk and pull data at the same time.

12. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Correct. Just thought I would throw out there that it could be done on a CDMA carrier...just not Sprint and just not with the iPhone. :)

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, Im not really looking forward to LTE yet and a 2 hour battery life.
    Hope they improve that in the future.