T-Mobile To Carry Next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonathanlaniado, Apr 4, 2013.

1. jonathanlaniado macrumors member

Does anybody know, hears rumors, etc. whether T-Mobile will continue to carry iPhones in the future when all the other major service companies get them, or will they always come out at later dates?

2. Fdfan100 macrumors member

That should be a given, since they're an official iPhone carrier.

3. jonathanlaniado thread starter macrumors member

Not necessarily...

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's a given.

5. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

LMAO

they will get it, 100%

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

The only other time a carrier was added mid cycle it was Verizon and they got the new model at the same time as AT&T (sprint was added literally with the newest model, at the same time as Verizon and AT&T). So it seems safe to say that t-mobile will get the 5s/6 at the same time as the rest

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Since the AT&T version will be the exact same as the T-mobile version from April 12th moving forward, and Apple has an agreement with T-mobile in place, of course it will be available at the same time as the others.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Care to explain your logic there? I mean, I know Verizon has been a model behind since they got the phone. Oh wait...But surely Sprint is lagging as well, right? Nope, they get current models as well. But you're probably right, -Mobile will be the first to lag a model behind, I can feel it in my bones.

9. Fissure macrumors 6502

Contracts typically do not last forever.

Apple negotiates with a carrier to sell them a certain number of iPhones over a certain period of time for a certain amount of money. We saw this very publicly with Sprint. The Sprint CEO had to publicly defend his decision to pay such a steep price for such a large number of iPhones over a period of time.

All it takes is for Apple and the Carrier to butt heads when the time comes to renew the purchase contract. There's a chance Apple will hold out and not sell iPhones to the Carrier. Sure it's unlikely but entirely possible. Nothing's guaranteed.

10. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

Yes, they will get it. No point in getting the iPhone if you aren't going to have.. The latest iPhone.

11. bozzykid macrumors 68020

So T-mobile signed a 2-3 month contract? Please. They will get getting the next iPhone.

12. HiRisk macrumors 6502

13. jonathanlaniado thread starter macrumors member

Nope, these answers these guys gave me just made them sound like their four years old. No reasons, just criticism.

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm guess I'm not sure what you're asking then. They just signed a contract to become an official carrier. Is it possible that somehow one side will suddenly decide the x number of months they've put into contract negotiations is worthless and they want to breach it? Yeah, sure, lots of things are possible. Is it likely that this will happen? Surely not. Additionally, is it possible that, unlike every other authorized carrier on the planet, that somehow Apple will decide to release phones 6 months later on T-Mobile? Again, sure, it's possible, but unlikely this will happen.

Stop looking for zebras, the only thing out there is a horse.

15. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Now that the updated unlocked iPhone 5 supports T-Mobile and AT&T, it doesn't matter if they officially support T-Mobile or not. Unless they plan on not selling unlocked iPhones in the future, T-Mobile will be supported. Especially considering Apple sells the T-Mobile version of the iPhone 5 at full price so there really isn't any difference between that and the unlocked iPhone. T-Mobile is not doing a major ad campaign for the iPhone 5 just to stop being an official iPhone carrier in the fall.

16. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Nope OP.

Tmobile will only ever sell the iPhone5. Their CEO was too cheap to pay for future iPhones. That's it. Sorry.