T-mobile Trade In

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fre33way, Sep 24, 2014.

1. fre33way macrumors newbie

Did anyone go through with the T-mobile trade in? I was thinking about buying 4 iPhone 4s for 100 each and T-mobile is giving $200 back for each iPhone. In short, I'll be getting $800 after putting in $400. That means I can buy the iPhone 6 for $650 and still have $150 leftover which would be applied to my monthly bill. Can anyone confirm if this will work?

2. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

It won't work unless you buy 4 new phones. You have to have an order number to do a trade in, and you can only do one trade in per order number.

3. fre33way thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you go through with the trade-in or is this what you think of how it works? I didn't read anywhere that you have to buy a device. It says you can get a new phone or use credit to apply towards your bill.

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I traded in my 5S after I got my 6. They wouldn't even let me trade in the 5S at the store because I was told I would have had to do the trade-in at the time of purchase, and since I purchased online I couldn't have done it in the store.

I did the trade-in online and they require you to either buy a phone after you get your estimate, or enter an order number to show that you've bought another phone. You can only do one trade per order number.

5. fre33way thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for clearing it up. Do you think I should buy the 5s or the 6? I'm hearing a lot of issues with iPhone 6 from wifi and reception issues to bending and random restarts.

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I have a 6 Plus and I love it. The bending issues are overblown, and I've had no problems with wifi or reception. I have had one or two random restarts, although they weren't full restarts (that is, I'd see the Apple logo but then it would go back to what I was previously doing on the phone, didn't require me to re-enter my PIN or anything like that).

Ultimately it comes down to screen size. If you like smaller screens, the 5S is a great phone. If 4" is too small, go for a 6.