T-Mobile Trade-In

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zackkmac, Sep 27, 2016.

1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

So on launch day I received my mom's iPhone 7 32GB which replaced her iPhone 6 16GB and when I ordered the phone I told the agent (after he asked first) that I'd be trading in the iPhone 6 as part of the promotion they're running. He noted it and everything was fine but he didn't give me any type of RMA number for the trade in.

Well, when I got the new phone on 9/16 I called T-Mo and the rep said all I'd have to do is return the iPhone 6 to T-Mobile and they'd take it from there, and he sent me a UPS prepaid return label. The return label DID have the iPhone 7's order number at the bottom which helped me feel better about it but I still had no papers from them or anything to put in the box.

They've had it a week today and I haven't heard a single thing from them yet. I chatted with T-Mo on Friday and the guy said I should be fine and he verified that they received it but that no promotion was applied to my account, and that I (well, my mom actually) should receive a text confirming receipt of the trade in.

Just wondering how this has gone for everyone else because I'm starting to get a little worried. They've had the old phone for a week now so I would've thought they'd have said something about it by now.

I did search first before posting so please excuse me if I missed any posts or threads. Thank you guys in advance for any help.

2. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

For whatever its worth, when the 6S came out, I traded in my 6 for it. No communication from Tmobile at all, just one day saw that my bill went down dramatically

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I was directed to a "special" department that handled the iPhone on us promotion.

I shipped my phone on a Monday morning and had my the phone delivered and processed by Thursday night. I even got a text confirmation on top of my t mobile web account showing the confirmation.

I'm all done and glad it went smooth as butter!

4. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks - that helps. I think they should streamline it a bit better so that we don't feel left in the dark. I was told by two reps it HAD to be mailed and the stores could only give me a label like the phone rep did so I just mailed it back in the box her 7 came in. She specifically agreed to do this if she didn't have to pay anything (I covered the taxes) so if something messes up and she doesn't get credited for the EIP it'll be pretty messy.

5. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

When I did my trade in I was given labels that matched the phone serial numbers and the website tracked the phones from shipment through bill credits to t-mobile gift card.

This was last year so things may have changed.