T-Mobile (UK) and MobileMe email

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wpc, Apr 21, 2011.

1. wpc macrumors regular

Hi. Been abroad for a few weeks and had no problems sending emails while away but since getting back I haven't been able to send emails using my MobileMe account on my iPhone with T-Mobile (UK). I can send fine using a wi-fi network, but not on 3G. I keep getting an error message saying the outgoing smtp server has failed.
    Anyone experiencing the same?
    Thanks.
    Phil

2. darren2367 macrumors newbie

T Mobile UK and MobileMe

Phil,

You are not alone! I've had the same problem also, for the last week, similarly since I came back from abroad.

I have contacted T-mobile who were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, and after calling mobileme support they asked me to change a few settings to add the t-email.co.uk SMTP server as a server for the phone to use.

I will post some details on here if you require, but I am not entirely sure that its working. My push email facility has now stopped and I have to open the email app to start it searching for emails.

Have you storted yours yet Phil?

3. wpc thread starter macrumors regular

Have managed to send a couple emails today using 3G, so think the issue has been resolved... for now.