T-mobile UK iphone work in US?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RubberShoes, Nov 26, 2007.

1. RubberShoes macrumors regular

With the new bootloader, 1.1.2, companies like iphonesimfree are working there butts off to unlock and jailbreak it all for new users...

I was wondering if you were to buy a T-mobile UK iphone, take it back here to the US and put in an US T-mobile sim card, would you get service?

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

The UK iPhone is on O2. The German iPhone is on T-Mobile.
    If you bought a T-Mobile iPhone from Germany, it would not work with a US T-Mobile SIM card, unless you use third party software to unlock it.

3. ImNotJimboJones macrumors newbie

I'v heard many times that the US iphone and German iphone can be unlocked (with third party software) and used with t-mobile. Does this only unlock the phone, text and wifi connectivity features?

I have considered buying an unlocked iphone or unlocking one myself, but i dont want to find out that the only time i can use the internet is when i am around a public wireless network.

Does anyone know if unlocking will allow internet browsing via t-mobile?

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

why not put in at&t wouldnt it be easier i dont know but hell its the company thats supports the iphone here

5. ImNotJimboJones macrumors newbie

I used to have AT&T but i was very unhappy with their service. i'v used t-mobile for the last two years and they are phenomenal. plus, i dont want to pay the $25o cancelation fee to switch providers :)

6. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i see ya i guess so I personally use AT&T and it works everywhere for me i unlocked the phone for only one purpose to use it in Europe where the iphone is not even supported for people like this sucks with the unlocking matter. APPLE FREE THE DAMN PHONE!!!!!!!! There's no such thing as freedom any more