t-mobile users - which data plan do you use?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brianbkny, Mar 24, 2008.

1. brianbkny macrumors member

do i HAVE to do the tzones edge hack or can i just add a data plan to my account and not hack anything on the phone?

2. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

Been wondering the same thing myself. Can anybody verify that on a 1.1.4 iPhone the $5.99 T-Zones data plan will work with Safari? And if so, is it slow?

3. r00 macrumors member

I have a family plan with my fiance and we both have 1.1.4 with the $5.99 T-zones package so it's around $80 a month for both of us with unlimited internet. Yes the T-Zones proxy hack works fine with 1.1.4. Although, like mentioned many times you can't access youtube over EDGE with T-Zones or connect to IRC and AIM. You can just use web based clients though and everything is fine.

As for speed... It's EDGE. It's not the fastest internet in the world but when your out on the road anything works. I would highly recommend it!

4. thahater macrumors member

thahater

thats funny cause i have ziphone 1.1.4 and i can watch you tube over edge. i don't think you would want to cause its slow. i also have the t-zones 5.99 plan.

5. munroe macrumors regular

Pre-pay Plan

Anyone have a recommendation for a pre-pay data plan with T-mobile? Can you get the Sidekick one if you don't have a Sidekick?

6. MacDuck macrumors member

Just got a 16Gb iPhone yesterday (Ziphone unlocked)...coming from a Blackberry Pearl on T-Mobile, with Blackberry Unlimited Internet. I didn't change my plan. I am working fine, EDGE was spotty for the first few hours, then calmed down. Can't be happier at the moment.

7. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Just got my 8GB refurb iPhone last night! I added T-zone to my plan in the morning so that it would be active by the time that i unlocked the phone. I unlocked installed the tweak, and it worked right away. Great! I cannot believe that I waited this long to get it. :D