Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattDamonsNips

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Salt Lake City
Hello, I am new to the forums and have a question. I am under a Verizon employee's account and cannot have an iPhone 6S on the account until they say so. (usually 3-4 months). Could I technically buy the T-Mobile or AT&T version, use it on that network and then put my Verizon sim in when im allowed too? thanks for your help

Edit: Or can I just buy the T-Mobile one at full price from Apple without a credit check on preorder day

Last edited:

fieldsphotos

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2013
You have to look at the bands on the various models for the phones. It looks like this year they have only included the CDMA radios in two of the models. I assume that means that this year the T-mobile phone will NOT work on VZW's network.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

That said you can order the VZW phone full price on Apple's website this year. So you might be able to buy that phone and use it on T-mobile's network until your embargo is lifted

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
Hello, I am new to the forums and have a question. I am under a Verizon employee's account and cannot have an iPhone 6S on the account until they say so. (usually 3-4 months). Could I technically buy the T-Mobile or AT&T version, use it on that network and then put my Verizon sim in when im allowed too? thanks for your help

Edit: Or can I just buy the T-Mobile one at full price from Apple without a credit check on preorder day

on vzw site there's a section where you can type in ESN or MEID. my tmo 6+ said to be okay on vzw, so the 6s/6s+ should work there too. i bought mine at apple store full price without subsidy/installment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.