T-Mobile Version work on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattDamonsNips, Sep 9, 2015.

1. MattDamonsNips, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015

MattDamonsNips macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to the forums and have a question. I am under a Verizon employee's account and cannot have an iPhone 6S on the account until they say so. (usually 3-4 months). Could I technically buy the T-Mobile or AT&T version, use it on that network and then put my Verizon sim in when im allowed too? thanks for your help

Edit: Or can I just buy the T-Mobile one at full price from Apple without a credit check on preorder day

2. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

You have to look at the bands on the various models for the phones. It looks like this year they have only included the CDMA radios in two of the models. I assume that means that this year the T-mobile phone will NOT work on VZW's network.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

That said you can order the VZW phone full price on Apple's website this year. So you might be able to buy that phone and use it on T-mobile's network until your embargo is lifted

3. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

on vzw site there's a section where you can type in ESN or MEID. my tmo 6+ said to be okay on vzw, so the 6s/6s+ should work there too. i bought mine at apple store full price without subsidy/installment.