T-mobile vs Sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chuchoavella, Nov 11, 2013.

1. chuchoavella macrumors newbie

Hello everyone
    I am at the end of the contract with sprint, and would like to have your opinion on moving to tmobile.
    1- I have a family plan 3 lines which I am paying 180 (annoying taxes and fees all included)
    2- unlimited everything on all 3 lines
    3-- have the option of renewing same contract for 2 years, and getting 3 iPhone 5S for 200 dol each

Will be paying approx $5,000 at the end of those 2 years.
    IF I jump to t-mobile:

1- 90 dol for 3 lines plus 60 dol data (am I doing this right?) = 150 per month plus 20 dol taxes
    2- pay almost $2000 for 3 iPhones
    3- by the end of two years I will be paying $6,000 dol

What am i missing in here? Please correct me if i am wrong but It seems to me that staying with sprint is the better option.

And thank you for reading!

2. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Look at the coverage, also look at which carrier has the least complaints.

4. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

Why are you thinking of switching, is there something more you're looking forward to? I ask because that could make our responses better equipped for your question.

5. chuchoavella thread starter macrumors newbie

I am sorry if I didn't specify the reasons.
    Service is good but not excellent, Is there a website I can go to find out which carrier has the best service near my area? I will sometimes get a dropped call when I'm walking in certain areas of my house, so sprint gave me an AIR RAVE to boost the signal, but it will break havoc on my Internet by doing strange things such as not being able to load videos on YouTube, etc.
    My wife has tmobile and the service inside the house is better but then doesn't get any signal when she's on the basement.

One of the main reasons I am thinking of switching is to save some money since a lot of my friends tell me t- mobile is the cheapest one right now.

Thanks for reading!

6. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

You could put the iPhones on down-payment and pay over two years (still no contract). :)

----------

www.t-mobile.com/coverage
    www.att.com/network
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/coverage-locator

7. CEmajr macrumors 601

rootmetrics.com is a good site to compare carriers in your metro area. In most cities Sprint usually is ranked 4th or 5th (sometimes behind Cricket), while Tmobile is usually 3rd in performance behind AT&T/Verizon.

Prices are similar, so I would probably go TMO.

8. Bear macrumors G3

It's actually $110 + taxes for 3 lines and unlimited data. You need to select the number of lines and the data plan to get the total price (before tax).

9. WhatTheFox macrumors newbie

I've had bad experiences with Sprint/iPhone4 back in 2011. Maybe it's improved now but back then I remember

a. The customer service (both on the phone and in stores) sucked.
    b. The data speeds were better on Android phones compared to the iPhones
    c. The 14 day trial period was GREAT and then my unlimited data was so slow that it was useless.

These are experiences based in the Austin and Seattle areas. I also replaced the iPhone units 2 times but nothing changed.

Go with T-Mo. Without contracts the carriers have something to lose as well so they'll do their best to retain you as a customer.