Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reedog117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I'm experimenting with wifi calling on my iPhone 5S as I'm currently using a Cel-Fi RS1 booster for reception in my home.

One big thing I've noticed: If I enable the ability to answer phone calls on any device, it disables Wi-Fi calling, which I would have been dependent on if I didn't have the signal booster.

Is this limitation unique to the iPhone 5S or does this limitation also exist for the 6 and 6 Plus?

Billymac19

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Phila, PA
I'm experimenting with wifi calling on my iPhone 5S as I'm currently using a Cel-Fi RS1 booster for reception in my home.

One big thing I've noticed: If I enable the ability to answer phone calls on any device, it disables Wi-Fi calling, which I would have been dependent on if I didn't have the signal booster.

Is this limitation unique to the iPhone 5S or does this limitation also exist for the 6 and 6 Plus?

just got my plus, same as 5s, disable wifi calling for continuity sadly

reedog117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
That stinks. I guess my two choices are:

- Keep the 4G signal booster, keep continuity enabled, but re-enable Wi-Fi calling whenever I travel. Does this mean that if I initiate a VoLTE call it will drop if I start the call outside my house and then enter?
- Enable Wi-Fi calling and calls should hopefully hand-off between VoLTE and Wi-Fi when I'm using the iPhone 6. I lose Continuity. Anyone who visits my home who has T-Mobile suddenly has no reception unless I give them the password to my Wi-Fi network.

Decisions, decisions...

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
iOS 9 resolves this. I have cellular continuity and Wi-Fi Calling enabled.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 38
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.