T mobile wifi calling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 29, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

The rep at t mobile said you can only use wifi calling if you have a phone you bought from t mobile directly...and not say an unlocked iPhone from the apple upgrade program. Is this true?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That doesn't make sense to me. The APN settings should install once you have a sim in and are connecting to the appropriate network. Following this one to see what I can learn though.

3. chasescott66 macrumors member

chasescott66

Not true, I bought my phone at Best Buy(bought the Verizon Model) and Wifi Calling works just fine!

4. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I bought mine through the Apple Store and it is using wifi calling so that rep is wrong.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Completely false.
    Any unlocked iphone as soon as you put in a T-Mobile sim and carrier settings install then wifi calling becomes available.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

As others have said, you were given bad info. You need to go back to the store and pimp slap that rep!

7. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Glad to hear she was wrong. It is a big component of my consideration in switching carriers. Thanks all!

So far in an urban area...and 6 hours into my test of t mobile it is so much faster than att. I just wish I could predict where it will lack and I will get frustrated!;)

8. unclemax macrumors regular

It will lack in rural areas. In some places depending on the locality you'll either have no signal while having an AT&T mast in sight or it will roam to AT&T (calls and texts ok, data - crippled/off)