Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

python0704

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Ok. Preorder completed. Fully paid X T-mobile version should be delivered on Nov 3. Now it's time to worry about next step. I'm not using Tmobile, so is there any specific step to activate X? I assume before turn on the X, I can just take out the Tmobile SIM card, pop in mine, and turn on X and enjoy. Or do I need to connect to iTunes or some other step? Does turn it on with Tmobile SIM card prevent me from using another carrier? Thanks.

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Bought both my SE and 7 as T-Mobile models to use on AT&T, because the Apple Store wouldn't let me buy the AT&T one without social security numbers and account numbers and it wouldn't work on a business line, whereas the T-Mo one was just click and buy with the same hardware.

I just put my SIM (AT&T) in it before turning it on and it was all peachy.

Reactions: python0704

python0704

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Being a T-Mobile iPhone prevents you from using it with Verizon or Sprint since they use different radios.
Of course. But since only Tmobile version doesn't require carrier info, I had to give up the possibility of switching to Verizon in the future. I don't want to wait for who knows how long for sim-free version.

Reactions: tromboneaholic
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.