T-Mobile: X - wait to see if they do a promo?

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I'm interested in purchasing an X. Do you think I should jump on an early pre-order, or do you think there's probability TMO may do some promos / discounts this year around? In the past launches, every other year or so I seem to recall them doing some pretty great deals to try and lure / keep customers.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I highly doubt it. The only deal will be offering u $300 for your old Phone.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
TMO iPhone upgrade program is a total rip off if you intend to upgrade in a year and buy the 256gb version because of the down payment. When you multiply the 12 months of payments plus down payment you are paying way more than half the price of the phone. Spoke to T-Mobile on twitter and they even agreed the customer does pay more if upgrading in a year. Apple iPhone program much better.

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
The promo deal for iPhone 8 was just $300 trade in credit, what makes you think iPhone X will get better deal than that?

Mike Delta

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I'm interested in purchasing an X. Do you think I should jump on an early pre-order, or do you think there's probability TMO may do some promos / discounts this year around? In the past launches, every other year or so I seem to recall them doing some pretty great deals to try and lure / keep customers.
T-Mobile always offers the best deal at pre order and then a new slightly less good deal when the Phone launches.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Just curious. Which Service do you use to sell your device? Trying to figure out which one to use to sell my iPhone 7 Plus
I've gone back and forth between eBay and Craigslist. Lately, eBay is just easier because I don't have to deal with flakey sellers. On the other hand, sometimes I'm able to sell it pretty quickly for my asking price on Clist. Most likely I'll do eBay this year. I just always check to see what they're going for on both sites.

T-Mobile always offers the best deal at pre order and then a new slightly less good deal when the Phone launches.
Is that the case this year? I was planning to order thru the Apple website.

Mike Delta

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I've gone back and forth between eBay and Craigslist. Lately, eBay is just easier because I don't have to deal with flakey sellers. On the other hand, sometimes I'm able to sell it pretty quickly for my asking price on Clist. Most likely I'll do eBay this year. I just always check to see what they're going for on both sites.

Is that the case this year? I was planning to order thru the Apple website.
Well it’s T-Mobile’s best deal I can’t say if it’s going to be the beast deal over all.

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2013
I highly doubt anyone would have any sort of promotion for the X.
[doublepost=1508728678][/doublepost]
Just curious. Which Service do you use to sell your device? Trying to figure out which one to use to sell my iPhone 7 Plus
I always sell my devices on swappa. I’ve also purchased devices from there too.