T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PCClone, Jun 10, 2010.

1. PCClone macrumors 6502a

If the rumors are true that T-Mobile will be the next carrier for the iPhone, does that mean iPad as well? As a T-Mobile customer, that would be sweet.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Really? T-Mobs 3G coverage is worse than ATT.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

So far in the areas of Northern Virginia I have been in, the 3G service has been pretty decent... been getting between 1Mbps to a high of 3.41Mbps so far...

4. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

There has been tmobile and verizon rumors for years. I won't believe anything till it actually happens

5. PCClone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I get decent coverage and a big company discount.

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

I was with T-Mobile for many years (since the color SideKick first came out, then Blackberry Curve, then G1 Android). Their customer service and 3G network are excellent and improving.

7. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Many signs point to Tmo. Struggling to get back market share, more willing to give concessions to apple high demands and costs. Tmo cell bands are close to AT&T and would not require major new iPhone rebuilds, like verizon would.
    I say it makes a lot of sense all around, esp as android is growing fast partly due to multiple carriers, apple will NOT have that.
    We'll see.

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Unfortunately, T-mobile uses a unique frequency range for their 3G n/w which makes it incompatible with most handsets. The iPhone 4G will have an extra radio to support additional 3G frequency spectrum (like the one used in New Zealand), but it still won't support T-mobile's 3G. I really hope that T-mobile got some fantastic deal on their wireless equipment when they built their n/w....

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I just switched from ATT to T-mobile and in my area (Houston Tx) T-mobile's 3G is faster than ATTs from what I've noticed.

I think its due to HSDPA + on T-mobile.

10. mrcc macrumors regular

I have both verizonwireless n tmobile. Tmobile sucks. Verizonwireless gives me better coverage

11. PCClone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have TM it and it is great. All depends on location, location location.