Carrier T-mobile's "Free iPhone 7 trade-in" Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlc7381, Sep 8, 2016.

1. jlc7381 macrumors newbie

I've got an iPhone 6S under T-mobile's service and I just saw T-mobile's offer of a free iPhone 7 for a 6 or newer, and I've got a question. I'm currently not on contract with T-mobile (so I bought the phone brand new straight from Apple). Would the offer still apply to me even if I'm not paying the phone off with a monthly fee? I have the receipt and original box with all the contents, if that may influence anything.

2. BenPB macrumors newbie

BenPB

From what I understand, yes the offer does apply. Actually, what I've read says the offer only applies when trading in a wholly owned iPhone. I have also seen mixed reports that it requires the new T-Mobile ONE plan.

3. cyclist230 macrumors newbie

The offer applies to you, because you own the phone. If you still owe installment plan on the phone you wouldn't be qualified.

4. _Refurbished_ macrumors 68000

_Refurbished_

Just an FYI, I've never had to trade in anything but the phone itself. Keep all the goodies for yourself! I would still bring all the accessories in the car with you just in case you end up needing them for trade-in.

PS: You may want to hold onto the analog headphones, as they have been described as "ancient" and could become a valuable relic. /s