T-Zones hack HELP please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GatorFan15, Jul 18, 2008.

1. GatorFan15 macrumors newbie

ok so i was watching a vid on youtube where someone said that doing the t-Zones hack to make t-zones work with an iPhone disables youtube on ur phone and disables the use of any IM like AIM or MSN.. is this true??

well either way, i still havent been able to fox youtube after i unlocked my first gen iphone and jailbroke it.. so the youtube i dont care about.. i downloaded an APP called MxTube which works the same as Youtube.. so i'm not ntoo worried about that (unless the hack will disable MxTube; let me know if you know)..

anyway, what i care about is msn and aim.. i currently use AgileMobile and MobileChat.. anybody know anything about this?

thanks in advance for any responses

2. Denaes macrumors newbie

T-Zones isn't a full internet connection, but a severely limited connection for T-Mobile phones, which normally have extremely restrictive portal to access the T-Zones.

It just doesn't have access to all the ports - this is why certain applications might not work if they travel over other ports.

The alternative is to buy EDGE (20/mo) for T-Mobile which I don't think requires any modifications... or just not have the internet (only wifi).

I just tried a T-Mobile T-Zones hack and it put my iPhone in a boot loop... I'll try again when I have access to a computer to restore the phone if it happens again.

3. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

MobileChat doesn't work, but you can use Meebo (Safari). Not as cool, not native, but still works.