T-Zones/T-Mobileweb question - How long before going into effect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiebrock, Sep 21, 2007.

1. eddiebrock macrumors member

I signed up for T-Zones around midnight, but when I try to use the internet it says "internal error You do not have permission to access suchandsuchsite.com" I did all the steps regarding proxy.pac, wap.voicestream.com, preferences.plist, etc.

My question is, how long after the sign up does your service start working???

Please let me know, anyone who signed up after buying their iPhone, how long it took you before you could use the web.

2. eddiebrock thread starter macrumors member

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I signed up to add T-Zones on Sunday at 9 AM. I was up and running by 11 AM Sunday. But T-Mo's site does say it can take up to 24 hours for activation. YMMV.

Before I had T-Mo TZones working, this is NOT the rror message I got. I think I got a "Cannot Access Network" error or something like that. Try some other sites, methods (e-mail, etc) and see what happens.

Do you have an EDGE Icon on your upper bar? (Square Blue "E")?

4. eddiebrock thread starter macrumors member

yes i have an e

i wonder if it has to do with my proxy.pac file and IP address?

i dialed this phone number to access a fieldtest menu, it showed an ip address which apparently means t-zones is activated.

I copied the files it exactly as they were shown

downloaded a preferences.plist file which had wap.voicestream.com except with guest and guest for user and pass

i got rid of the guest and guest to leave it blank.

restarted the phone numerous times after uploading the files.

still no dice. maybe the port is closed in chicago?

last resort i'll upgrade to the 19.99 plan, but i would like to get this running if possible. thanks carfac

whats even funnier is that the only site that works is the front page of yahoo.com; but everything else is blocked.

5. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

eddie:

PM me a copy of your proxy.pac....

I THINK I may know what is wrong. Just want to check.