T260hd blue tint

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mocharoca, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mocharoca macrumors newbie

Just got a new samsung t260hd display and have it hooked up to my penryn classic mbp. Only problem i have with it is that it has a blue tint to it when im using the syncmaster color profile. Anyone else with this monitor have this issue?

2. shibbyshoo macrumors newbie

I just got my LCD yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking about exchanging it but I've been reading other people with "blue tints". Does anyone know a fix? I've messed around with changing the color profile and the settings on the monitor but I can't seem to get the blue tint to go away.

3. mocharoca thread starter macrumors newbie

I've messed with some color profiles and i've found a few that make the blue tint go away. However, the colors are still a bit off, and the reds always seem to be too bright. I'm considering exchanging the monitor, but I wanted to get a few opinions from people with macs that have the same monitor before i go through with that

4. shibbyshoo macrumors newbie

The best picture that I can get out of this is if I set the LCD to the "Dynamic Contrast" setting and the color option to "Warm". That seems to get me the best possible color combination. If I have a window open across both the MBP monitor and the LCD I can still tell a difference.

I booted into windows (windows 7 beta) and didn't notice the blue tint as much. I also tried installing the color configuring program that came with the LCD but it looks like it's not compatible with windows 7.

Try booting in windows and see if you can see any difference. Let me know if you do! Thanks.

5. macberry macrumors newbie

picked up the same monitor. The default profile looked terrible on my macbook pro. The colors were all washed out. I calibrated it with supercal and now it looks much better IMO.

I attached my supercal profile for those that are interested. Keep in mind that I have absolutely no experience with color and monitor calibration. I just followed the step by step instructions and this is what it produced.

I have the MagicBright setting on Entertain and Color Tone on Warm.

If anybody has any better settings/profiles please post!

Attached Files:

6. shiftr0c macrumors newbie

blue tint

i think i've been having the same problem, i just got mine yesterday and it seems like there's some sort of turquoise tint when i'm using the monitor. when i'm watching a movie it looks like some sort of moving stain on people's faces and the walls? is the lcd defective or do i have to break it in?

7. stu3ufc macrumors member

help I have same problem

hey guys -- i have a daewoo HDTV and only yesterday for no reason when i plug my Macbook white 2.2 into it has this darkish blue tint appeared.... the macbook is normal while the TV has the tint
    [​IMG]

the tv has worked perfectly before for 5 months! i ve tried different pc monitor cables.....could it be the short white MAC adapter? i have not changed any settings

going into "display" and chaging the resolution/ frequency does nothing

please someone help

edit!! update! just been fiddling around with the color profiles and it seems to brighten it up and darken the contrast but the colour red is being shown as a dark blue.......and it still has a tint

the Macbook shows the picture in perfect quality then on the LCD is where the tint shows :-(

8. mocharoca thread starter macrumors newbie

has anyone been able to use some sort of calibrating software to get rid of the blue tint yet? i'll probably be able to when i get back from college but if someone has a calibrated color profile to share that would be great