Tab/app reloading

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlazingGold, Nov 12, 2014.

1. BlazingGold macrumors member

This has become ridiculously annoying for me. I don't remember any other iPhone doing this to this extent. Not only just in safari but pretty much all other apps as well. In Tapatalk, I will start a response by typing. Leave the app, send a text message and go right back into the app and my message is gone and I'm at the "forums" homepage. I then have to navigate all the way back into the specific forum, category and thread and type it all again. Safari tabs.....obviously they do the same thing and are equally annoying. Also, has anyone ever though of how much cellular data this uses? Geez....This has to be taken as a huge issue, no? Just not practical and not Apple-like. Truly takes away the functionality of the phone -sigh-

Is anyone else going absolutely insane over this?!

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

If you get a text you can pull the notification down to quick reply without leaving the app.

Or you can reply from notification centre itself.

This doesn't fix your problem, but it might help.

3. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I get this problem with Safari, Tapatalk, Facebook and Twitter and it is very annoying to lose a place on a page just by going to another app and sometimes only briefly. Any idea's why this happens?

4. BlazingGold thread starter macrumors member

Yeah exactly. I did doublecheck my iPhone 5 and it doesn't do this unless many more tabs are open in Safari and not at all in Tapatalk

5. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

6. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

lol no I don't think so.

----------

I've got rid of mine now so can't check to do a comparison. I'm sure a fix is coming.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

A fix is NOT coming. It's 100% a lack of RAM. This sort of app/tab switching works extremely well on the iPad Air 2 which has 2GB RAM. Next year, you'll be able to do this when the iPhone (likely) gets 2GB RAM.

8. BlazingGold thread starter macrumors member

Tab/app reloading

I fully agree William. All of the reasoning and excuses I've heard for not giving the 6+ more than 1GB of RAM have focused on the "fact" that Apple has designed the iPhone's to work perfectly with the 1GB. Obviously, that is not the case at all. Work? Yes. Work efficiently and perfectly for most users ? Not really anymore. Not being able to start a message in a forum, or doing something in safari, then take a call or complete a text, and go right back to that forum message or safari page, is inexcusable. There simply is no reason a person should not be able to do that. This is not just nitpicking. This is a big part of why we are supposed to be able to close one "app/window" and open another. Safari might as well just shut down when we exit it. Also, this DESTROYS our data plan usage as well. I am literally (no exaggerations) using 7-10 times more data with my 6+ than I did with my iPhone 5 (while doing LESS data-eating tasks!!). Works efficiently on 1GB RAM? Not by any means. Future-proof? Hell no!

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Then why did my iPhone 5C do so much better at this?

Magic?

10. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

Your 5C isn't running a 64bit CPU and uses much less resources and overhead, that's why you do not see the 'reloading' issue too obviously.

It all comes back to the same. 1GB of RAM is like having a small desk. You can't place all of your items without having to clear some existing.

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

Your 5c also has significantly less resolution than the 6 Plus, and higher resolution = more RAM usage.

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

This is the reason I'm skipping the i6/6+.
    As soon as the rumours about it only having 1GB of RAM surfaced I bailed. The i5 needed more than 1GB for some users!

13. cababah macrumors 68000

Yeah, it's very disappointing. I just didn't want to wait an entire year before getting a new iPhone. I plan to sell my 6+ next summer and get the S model which will surely have 2GB RAM...finally.

14. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

Think for now the only way is to close off some background apps so the reloading will not be too frequent.