Tab/Arrow between fields different on mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ammyzan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ammyzan macrumors newbie

I just got my first mac several weeks ago and am having trouble when trying to save files in Adobe Photoshop. When I click save it asks me if I want to write over the original file. There are two options: "Cancel" and "replace." The default option is set to cancel. I am not able to "tab" or "arrow" over to choose replace. Yes, I can bring my hand to the mouse and click replace but isn't there a keyboard shortcut for this?

I attached a screenshot in case in might better illustrate what I am trying to describe.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

You could press CMD+S to save the file.

To enable TAB: System Preferences > Keyboard >> Keyboard Shortcuts >>> Full Keyboard Access >>>> ALL CONTROLS

3. ammyzan thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost worked....

Thanks for your reply. It did seem to do something when I set it as suggested, but it did not solve the problem. Now it will tab over and highlight AROUND the replace, but the main blue highlight stays right on "cancel." I attached another screenshot to help illustrate.

BTW, I should have mentioned in my original post that I "save as" as opposed to just "Command-S" because I can change the quality of the final image it saves.

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

The button with the blue circle around it can be "pressed" via the SPACEBAR, the blue coloured button can be "pressed" via the ENTER key.

During such SAVE dialog one can press CMD+S to "press" the SAVE button, CMD+D to "press" the DON'T SAVE button and CMD+C to "press" the CANCEL button.

5. ammyzan thread starter macrumors newbie

The SPACEBAR! Perfect. That is exactly what I needed. When you come from a PC this stuff can be like learning Japanese! Thank you!