Tab Browsing v/s Window Browsing ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by augustya, Jun 9, 2015.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

i wanted to know from people here what is the quickest and an easy way to surf in a Mac, Multiple Tab Browsing or Multiple windows browsing. Which one is more fast and convenient.

Also I was wondering if there was an APP which lets me switch between tabs by a one finger or a two finger click.

Please suggest Guys !

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Hello,

I'm not sure how to answer this, as it's mostly a preference matter. I suppose most people would argue that tabs are more convenient, but I guess separate windows with Mission Control could be fairly quick to navigate also.

I don't know what you mean by "an APP which lets me switch between tabs by a one finger or two finger click." Like, a mouse? Pressing a trackpad? o_O

Try things out and see what you like better, and keep mission control in mind.

Hope this helps.

3. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Yes there are APPS which enable you to switch between tabs by click of one finger on the Trackpad, I had such an APP in my mind but unfortunately can't remember it right now !!

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

There are also human extremities available such as hands and fingers, as well as gravity and pressure sensing which allows a user to drag a cursor over a tab and click it ... with one finger.

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

lol ! Blame it on Apple to spoil me !! :rolleyes:

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Tabs, for sure.

7. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

But then isn't Tab Browsing a little cumbersome ?

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Isn't having multiple windows of the same browser cumbersome?

9. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

For most, but I could see someone preferring it when used with Mission Control, which would provide a layout of pages (images rather than cut off text in a small tab).

I always use tabs personally and find them easy to organize but I have seen users that are skilled within the OS that have been crazy productive with the use of App Launcher, Mission Control, and other various keyboard shortcuts.

10. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

That isn't an acronym.

But anyway, tabbed browsing is the way to go and I can't imagine anyone preferring multiple windows these days.