Tab Spacing or Tables in Markdown?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by saado, Nov 27, 2013.

1. saado macrumors newbie

I am creating template in Markdown for report format I have to produce on a regular basis. That Markdown styled text document must be exported/saved in Word. That format starts with an area at the top listing "to", "from", "subject", etc. Then there is a tab space and the corresponding piece of information. See attachment for what I mean.

How do I make the tab space in Markdown, i.e. lining everything up properly? Or, perhaps I have to make a table with no borders? The problem is when I do that I try to export to RTF, the table doesn't render properly. I tried with the apps Marked 2 and Ulysses 3.

Is that because the export to RTF features don't translate MultiMarkdown properly? Is there a way I can produce the formatting I want? Ideally I would automate this process as much as possible - the export to RTF or Word should be straightforward. Can I work around this by exporting to HTML and then saving the HTML as Word? How does that work?

Thanks. Really appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

Attached Files:

2. nielsrasmus macrumors member

nielsrasmus

Hi,

I've had a similar problem when writing a sentence from an email.

What I did was formatting the text as a code block and then change the text style in the CSS specs.

When writing text in code blocks it should do what you want.