tab switching

Discussion in 'macOS' started by melow71, Feb 7, 2009.

1. melow71 macrumors member

I use command + shift + left or right arrow... normally works, but for some odd reason when I have one of the tabs at yahoo.com... IT DOESN'T WORK.. it just "locks" and won't switch from that page????

any ideas why??

-thnks

2. pprior macrumors 65816

Can't help you, but I never knew this shortcut existed - learned something very helpful, thanks!

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When the cursor is in the search field of a page like Yahoo, or whatever, the short cut doesnt work. Just click somewhere else, to enable the shortcut.

You can also change that short cut by going into System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts.

I set my tab switching to CTRL + Arrows.

5. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I went to Keyboard shortcuts but cant find the Tab Switching heading to change. Is it listed as something else?

I also want to change ^+fn+F4 to Command+Tab but it won't take it for some reason, am I doing something wrong?

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Guys, I just tried this with my cursor in a search field on a MR page, and Ctrl-Tab works fine (not Cmd-Tab) in Firefox.

What browsers are you trying this in?

7. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I'm guessing you are using Safari? If you happen to be using Firefox, you can Cmd + the number of the tab. Using Firefox, I have had some problems not being able to switch tabs using the arrow keys on certain sites as well, but the cmd-# deal always works.