Tab thumbnails @ Safari @ iPad @ iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nerdAFK, Aug 10, 2014.

1. nerdAFK macrumors regular

nerdAFK

As shown in the screenshot below

When pinching the tabs with two fingers in Safari on the iPad, The slightly tilted thumbnails would just get some pretty rough edges all along the left and right side. The 264 ppi retina display on the iPad is not enough to eliminate that jagged edges from the eyes (can't imagine dat zigzag on the iPad 2).

To me it is pretty obvious and I think to most people it should be obvious too.
    Hopefully Apple would make this better for the final release. :apple:

Attached Files:

2. davidb8 macrumors regular

Is fine on iPad mini retina. No jagged edges, just smooth lines.

3. The Flying Kite macrumors regular

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Seems like a bug. Sometimes the edges render without anti-aliasing then jumps into sometimes even on iOS 7.

5. nerdAFK thread starter macrumors regular

nerdAFK

Did you guys try pinching with two fingers, or just hit the tab view button on the top right corner?

My screenshot is captured during the process of pinching, not the final state of the tab thumbnail. You could see the thumbnail is much bigger than the final static one.

----------

Seems to me it's happening all the time. :rolleyes:

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I can see it on my (yet to be updated) beta 4 iPad Air. Pinch to tab view but hold it when the page is about 2/3 of the screen. There'll be a point there I think a white layer behind the webview shows through as a few pixels on the edges.

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Also the search feature in the upper left corner of the tabs view doesn't appear to be working.