Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizelly41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Illinois
I know there are browsers available other than Safari but I am looking for one specific feature that Safari does not offer. I am looking for a browser that when a link is opened in a new tab, the browser stays on the current page. When I am on MacRumors or some other forum, I like to read through the main page and open up each thread that I want to read in a tab. Once I am done, I can close the main page tab and go through the threads I opened. In Safari when a link is opened in a new tab, it goes straight to the new tab.

brinatech.com

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
I know there are browsers available other than Safari but I am looking for one specific feature that Safari does not offer. I am looking for a browser that when a link is opened in a new tab, the browser stays on the current page. When I am on MacRumors or some other forum, I like to read through the main page and open up each thread that I want to read in a tab. Once I am done, I can close the main page tab and go through the threads I opened. In Safari when a link is opened in a new tab, it goes straight to the new tab.

Try "Super Web Browser", it supports multi windows, so if a link requires to open a new window, it opens on the same page, but you can still see the original window. Also you can resize and change the layout of the windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.