Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arnoota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Minor question, but anyone who can answer will help me resolve one of the most annoying issues that I have with a Mac.

I just moved to Mac this week, and am thus far totally pleased with my decision. However, one difference between my Mac and PC has been really irritating me. On my PC, I could use the tab to get to a checkbox or drop-down box, but with the Mac, tabbing just seems to skip over them. For example, when filling out a form that requires my address, I can fill out each field, hit tab and fill out the next field, etc. However, when it gets to the "state" box, when I hit tab, it skips over that field entirely, and I have to use my mouse to go back and choose the state with the mouse.

I realize this is a really minor issue, but if it's something that can be resolved, I'd love to have any advice about how to do so! Thank you so so much for humoring me, and for your help.

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Hi!

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse.

Look at the bottom of the window. There is the option called Full keyboard access. Switch it from Text boxes and lists only to All controls.

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert

msw70

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
Tabbign to checkbox/combo box in Snow Leooard

In Snow Leopard, it's System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shorcuts. Tick "All Controls" under Full Keyboard Access at the bottom.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.