Table of Contents hyperlinks suddenly not working - can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kstats, Mar 11, 2010.

1. kstats macrumors newbie

Hi there,

This is my first time posting here, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I have a Word document I have been working in for some time on my Mac. I use an automatically generated table of contents and usually I just have to click on the heading I want in the table of contents to go to the section I want.

Today, this has suddenly ceased working. Even though the cursor still transforms into the hand/finger cursor (instead of the usual arrow) when floating over the table of contents, the whole table is highlighted and clicking on any part of it no longer redirects me to the selected section.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Which version of Word are you using? Also, does Word give you a little pop-up explaining that you need to use a modifier key when clicking to actually follow the link, when you hover over it with your mouse? In Word XP for Windows, you MUST Control+Click to follow any sort of hyperlink, whether it's in an auto-generated TOC or some URL you linked to yourself - as an example.

3. kstats thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Word for Mac 2004, version 11.5.5. I had successfully used the hyperlinks in this document earlier on in the day and frequently in the past and haven't done any updates in the meantime. It simply stopped working. It doesn't prompt me to use any modifier keys although I did try all the obvious ones just in case. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!