table to table to viewcontroller. help with segues

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by jonpeter, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jonpeter macrumors member

So I am attempting to build a small static restaurant app/directory to place on my resume.

I have a table with about 8 different types of restaurants (american/asian/mexican etc.). When a user selects a type, they are brought to a second table which then lists the specific restaurants of that type (american may have 5 restaurants while asian may have 3)
    Then, once a user selects a restaurant, they are brought to a full-page of that specific restaurant information: address, restaurant, menu etc.

I am just wondering about the organization of code i could(/should) be implementing.

I have two questions.
    1. Should I have the first table controller hold all my information and just use the prepare for segue function twice?
    Or should I have the first table just hold the restaurant types and then have the restaurant lists table controller hold all relevant restaurant information?

2. I am leaning more towards my second choice, but how would I display the proper restaurant list upon selection of the type in the first controller?

2. jonpeter thread starter macrumors member

Should i rephrase my question for better comprehension?