Tablet and dual screen

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Shotglass, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet that I use with my MBP. When I connect the 20" Dell to the MBP, the tablet "has to" cover two screens, so the proportions are all funked up. Does anyone know how to set the tablet to cover only one screen? I haven't found anything in the preferences, maybe there's a sort of bugfix for that?

2. aldog macrumors regular

I've been searching around wondering this same thing. It's so hard to draw when using dual monitors.

3. aldog macrumors regular

hey shotglass I just found out that you can do it by going into your system preferences panel and then the pen tablet option.
    By pen mode there's an option for "details". click that and you'll get your options for what the pen should conform to. it's nice because the pen can stay on your main screen and then the mouse can travel throughout all screens

4. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Whoopee! Thanks man! I wonder how I couldn't find this, I thought I'd gone through all of the options in the preferences.

5. aldog macrumors regular

Ya I had about 50 tabs open in firefox looking for a way to do it and i kept reading about the "mapping tab" in syspref panel and I was like what the crap are you guys talking about and I was about to write wacom about it when I was like...wait a second...what's this? and boom
    glad I could help

6. BlessAndDestroy macrumors newbie

BlessAndDestroy

Awesome! Did the trick. I had been trying to figure this out all morning. Thank!

7. fazant macrumors newbie

Thanks, works even two and a half years later!