Tablet demand dropping ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Jul 18, 2011.

1. OSMac, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

OSMac macrumors 65816

Noticed in the last couple of weeks, the usually empty iPad case at Bestbuy has been full of iPad 2s.

Seems supply at least in this area now is exceeding demand or meeting it,
    which makes a better buying experience.

Noticed the same with the Transformer, used be sold out all over, now little forum or sales activity.

The HP Touchpad does not seem to be moving much either, it released here with a $70 discount!

Playbooks on used sites are being sold at 60% of retail.

Has the tablet craze slowed in your area?

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

No apple is just finally able to keep up with the demand. Their website now says 1-3 days delivery a few weeks ago it was 2 weeks delivery time.

3. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Hope its supply and not a dropping demand,
    I just don't see much tablet activity in stores around here any more....

4. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Apple's unlimited marketing assault, will assure that demand never abates.

5. OSMac thread starter macrumors 65816

We will see, wonder if tomorrows earnings outlook could surprise on weak side...

Maybe its just a summer thing but I sense at least around here things have slowed quite a bit...

6. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

U gotta read up more. Apple has caught up with demand.

7. LanEvo macrumors 6502

My local Target's Apple supply is diminished, only saw the high priced 3G ones left...

8. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Each post in this thread you keep implying that tablet demand is slowing. Sorry. No one is taking your bait.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I would care if I owned a big block of AAPL shares. Since I do not, I am deeply apathetic toward the supply/demand equation, unless it affects my ability to obtain what I want.

IOW, WGAF?

10. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Tablet demand has always been soft, ever since Microsoft began slogging its versions more than a decade ago.

The iPad market, on the other hand, very much experiences demand.

Bottom line: People want iPads, not just "tablets."

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

No one seems to want the iPads my Target has in its case. They've had a full case for a few weeks now, in plain site as you walk down the main aisle toward the electronics dept. Clerks there say sales are slow. They sell one or two each time they have a "sale" at MSRP with a gift card thrown in.

12. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

I've been in Targets and I think all of their pricey electronics sell slowly. They sell cameras and TVs and computers, but while you see browsers in those sections, it's not all that often that you see a sale. So if iPads fit that pattern too, it probably says more about what people are going to Target for.

13. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

One explanation is that Target isn't the first (or second or third ...) place people think to go when they want an iPad. iPads aren't really impulse buys (and particularly not at places like Target), so someone who wants to buy an iPad would head directly to an Apple store or a Best Buy before Target.

14. aneftp macrumors 68040

No, just normal demand cycle for ipad.

Original iPad demand finally caught up to supply around late June 2010 (iPad 1 was released at the beginning of April 2010). So took well close to 3 1/2 months for iPad 1s to be readily available for walk in sales.

iPad 2 was released in mid March and it's taken close to 4 months for supply/demand to make it so walk ins can buy the iPad 2.

Just like iPad 1, iPad 2 will be a huge seller for the upcoming holiday season.

15. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Apple reportedly sold 9.25 million iPads in the financial quarter just ended.

I don't know if demand for "tablets" is dropping or not, but demand for iPads seems pretty strong to me.

16. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Well yeah, when the millions of people who want and can afford your product buy your product, demand drops. Next question.

17. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Tablet demand my be dropping, but iPad demand is going through the roof.

19. 62tele macrumors 6502a

BAM!!! Shot down in flames. LOL at your trolling "earnings outlook" statement. Record revenue and profit. iPad sales up astounding 183% year over year for the quarter.

20. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Haha, this may be the most epic fail post here. Apple's earnings through the roof. Tablet demand through the roof. You lose. Good day sir.

21. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Here is a link to the statement pointing to iPad sales 183% YOY for the quarter ending June 25th 2011

22. DeathChill macrumors 68000

You know, I might believe it if it was anyone but you. The guy who tries to steer everyone towards Android tablets. ;)

23. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Location, location, location. The Target Stores I checked in my area have no iPads in stock.

24. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

About a month ago, I saw an iPad for sale at Freddy's (Krogers). So, if your Targét has too many of them, perhaps there are too many other retailers. While activating my 3G at the AT&T store in Tucson this past Friday, I asked about sales of their iPads (on display) and she said, "good, when we can get them".

So, really, FUD off.