Tablet Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by barr08, Jul 31, 2007.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Oh, Hello! Nice to see you peepin' my thread!

anyways

I just got a wacom graphire4 tablet, happily purchased here on MR, and I wanted to change the functionality a little. Right now, I seem to need to hover over the tablet with the pen to move the curser, and then press down on the tablet to click and drag, etc. I want to be able to press down and move the pen on the tablet to move the curser, and then either press significantly harder, or click one of the pen's buttons to click and drag. Can I do this in the system prefs tablet pane, I couldn't find a solution there initially, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Thanks!

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Checked my settings and I'm pretty sure that you can't.

3. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Maybe if I turn the sensitivity way down? That would require me to press harder to get a click. That is closer to what i want.

4. munckee macrumors 65816

I agree. I'm pretty sure you have to learn to hover. :eek:

5. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

You can set the pen to mouse mode if I remember right, meaning after your pen leaves the tablet the cursors stays where it is until you pick it up again. But you can't change how it reads a "click". Alternatively you could try to set the pen tip to "no function" and then set click to one of the buttons, but I have not tried this to know if it's possible.

6. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

Yeah, I do like the mouse curser mode better. I think I just need to get used to hovering.