Tablet Size Advice

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by platypus63, Mar 25, 2009.

1. platypus63 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I'm about to purchase the new Intuos 4. I currently use a graphire 4 on my mbp for design work and general "mousing" with the pen. The size of that seems perfect for the 15" mbp screen. The intuos would be for my 24" imac, and I don't know whether to go with the medium (8.8x5.5) or large (12.8x8 active area), because don't know which would have the best "feel" for a 24" screen, if the medium would feel too cramped or the large too big, no idea.

Thanks!

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

They both seem to be the same price at the Wacom eStore currently so why not just get the large?

3. platypus63 thread starter macrumors regular

Ah! I was too late!
    I think that was a typo they made in the morning, which is now fixed, its a hundred dollars more. Pricing really isn't an issue though, I just don't know if the large size becomes impractical for general "mousing" with the pen. I use it for that purpose to ward off wrist pain. Quicksilver & tablet = happy hands.

Too bad I missed out on that typo though, would have been sweet to try the large size and for the same price.

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

The first one is the new 6x8, which was pretty much perfect. Large tablets are a pain in the ass to use and they take up the whole desk (assuming you have a big ass desk, if you have a normal desk then good luck with that).