TableViewCell Count Column

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by Boesesreh, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Boesesreh macrumors newbie

First question not answered and i have yet another one ;-).

Maybe the thread title is a litte confusing but i couldn't think of something better.
    What I want to know is if I reall have to make a custom UITableViewCell to get these little blue Lables on the Right of a Cell.
    An example where these are used is the mail app again. When you are in the overview the lables appear on the right side if you have unread mail and show you how many new mails there are.
    I Want the same thing for my application. Is there a easy way to implement this or do i really have to create a custom Cell.

I hope I could make myself clear ^^
    thanks in Advance

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You can either subclass UITableViewCell to make a custom cell or you can add subviews to the contentView of a regular UITableViewCell.

3. Boesesreh thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so there is no simple property to set. I just thought there would be something like that because many applications use this "feature" and it looks just alike the count column in the mail app.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Well, there is the accessoryView, but in the case of the Mail app, that is already used by the disclosure indicator ( > ).

5. Boesesreh thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok but it would be a good idea for coming iphone os releases to build that in ^^

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Make sure, if it's that important to you, that you contact Apple with requests like that.