Tabloid stories you read then find out are true later on.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Mar 1, 2010.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

The first one that came to mind was seeing that Brad Pitt is to dump Jennifer Aniston and hook up with Angelia Jolie. Yeah sure, I thought. Pure BS tabloid story. But then we all know what really happened. Truth is stranger than fiction.

The weirdest thing that happened to me was I was dating this person (an African-American girl from a ton of money) in the music business that told me Michael Jackson and Macaulay Culkin were hiding out in a small rural town next to mine. The only way I could imagine it being true is that this town is truly hidden and the people are of the type to really keep a secret as celebrities have hid out here before without even a mention in the local paper. But MJ and his sidekick? No freaking way.

Years later at my 20th high school reunion, one guy from our class connected with the rich and famous through the wine business here in California told us that one person from our high school class had a torrid affair with Macaulay while he hid out near town. And that while MJ may have had young boyfriends, Macaulay was straight and his much older girlfriend was the very girl from my high school class that was absent at all reunions though many liked her in high school.

I put the timelines together and yes, MJ and Macaulay were hiding out here, and yes, the person I dated was right about MJ being here and probably coming over to her house, and yes, Macaulay had a girlfriend who was an older lady who happened to be from my high school class dating him when he was only 17 and she was inappropriately older.

In all the years, I only told a studio guitarist friend of mine who wanted to break into Hollywood. I told him my girlfriend was tight with MJ but as soon as he met her and the strange people that inhabit the music scene, he never again showed a desire to enter that bizarre world again. The few people I briefly met were freak shows and their big money perpetuated their ability to be strange (..think Paris Hilton, etc).

It was years later that these stories would show up in tabloids and while the rest of the world thought it was made up, a few locals and high school friends, and my ex-girlfriend knew the tabloids had it pretty right.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I completely agree with the last sentence. Other than that, I have to admit that the last thing on my mind is to follow our celebrities. :)

3. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

A few times I would see Clint Eastwood or Betty White, but no big deal as they had a house in the county somewhere.

Being a musician, however, it did intrigue me that MJ would hide out in a town next to mine that at most, had a few thousand people. The town has one mini-mart gas station and it's amazing that the people there never said a word. It was at the height of the sexual allegations against MJ and I think maybe some slick LA lawyer must have threatened the locals here on top of the locals being older folk and not really giving a damn anyway.

The strangest part was when my girlfriend asked if I wanted to meet MJ, I kind of froze through either shyness, or just complete disbelief.

I still couldn't wrap my brain around her personal jetset lifestyle of California, New York, Paris, and all that flying and cars and condos. I am never comfortable with people who live such a bizarre (not down to earth) lifestyle. To her credit, she can fake people into thinking she's just normal person with normal values, but people like her hide their money and when they trust you enough to reveal it, most run for the hills. ;)