Tabs in safari

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sheppy1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys,

Basically I was doing a search to find a way to open more than 9 tabs in safari on my iPad, I found some links which say to install tab+, great, problem solved. One thing though, when I was looking through the articles which explain the tweak, they all seemed to show screnshots of their safari tabs and they look like this..why is that? Is that another tweak too because mine sure don't look like that :-/

[​IMG]

2. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

If you're talking about tab+ from Cydia then no, it doesn't look like that. It is the same as Apple standard tabs, only you can open more.

I use it and love it btw :)

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I can't view my tabs like that though, mine just show literally like tabs as they do in a PC browser..I went on YouTube and saw a video of someone who presses a little icon in Safari which makes the tabs appear like in the image I attached, I don't have that icon to do that though..is there an option I need to enable?

I'll be getting Tab+ though :) was just wondering why my tabs don't look like the ones in the image..

4. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

They're are using Multifl0w with it by the looks of it. Tab+ simply lets you open more tabs. They look like standard tabs as seen on PC's and vanilla iPad.

5. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Ahhhhhh okay thanks for that :D I'll try to download that tweak to see if that's the one :) just thought it was some sort of built in feature I was missing :p. Be happy once I have that and Tab+, I generally have around 15 tabs open at a time haha

----------

Hmmmm don't think it's MultiFl0w, here's a video of someone who has it anyway..really want to find this tweak now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAs3eZC3NE

6. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

No worries. God only knows why they used that picture, very confusing :rolleyes:

I never quite got on with Multif0w. It didn't quite 'flow' as I'd hoped lol.

7. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

From what I can tell, that grid layout was the way Apple used to have their tabs laid out before iOS5, then they apparently got rid of it in favour of the new style of tabs :-/ but there's a tweak called GridTab but I can't tell if it's meant for iPad or just iPhone

8. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

OK, that is weird. Why doesn't my Tab+ do that :confused: I want that tweak! Why does the vid show them installing Tab+ and then that? This has seriously span my head right out :eek:

Anyone care to enlighten us, pleaseeeeeee?

----------

Hmm, Cydia gets stranger. It says Gridtab 'for Safari' but the description says, iPhone and iPod only :rolleyes:

9. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

As I say I don't think it's a tweak, I think that was apples standard way of displaying tabs in the older versions but they still had the tab limit in place so that's why he installed tab+ in the video, just to be able to add more tabs to that cool looking grid thing..still would like to know how to get it in iOS5!!

10. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

Or maybe that should be 'I get stranger' :eek: Told you my head was span out lol. I thought it said GridTab 'for iPad' not Safari lol.

Obviously this GridTab is not for iPads :(

----------

I will keep an eye out for a tweak like this and if I find anything, I'll PM you. Looks super cool though. You've started me off on something now lol :apple:

11. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Thanks very much dude :D I'll do the same too and PM you if I find it :) I hope we find it anyway because it's so much cooler than the current way they have tabs laid out!!