tabs in safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sailor720, Apr 22, 2008.

1. sailor720 macrumors newbie

Is there a way to change the defalt in safari to open links in a new tab and use command for the same tab. also is there a way to apply this to the right click menu search in google, i cannot find it in preferences. thanks

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Try Safari-Preferences-General tab. See if the option at the bottom will meet your needs.

3. macnewbie13 macrumors member

also is there a way to make it so that f you click a link it automatically opens in a new tab instead of in a new window. I know you can just hold command and click the link but sometimes i forgot to do that. Every other browser(Firefox, Camino, IE) all do that automatically so I hope that if there isnt a way to do this yet, there will be a way soon.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is a plugin for safari called "safaristand" can do that auto-new-tab

5. macnewbie13 macrumors member

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

While I have your attention, ;), is there a way to colour-code the tabs, or for that matter the bookmarks too??

All this grey is not helping when many items exist.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i've never seen anything that adds this, but you could take a look at www.pimpmysafari.com and see if anything is there for it.

this is one reason why i use Camino though, the bookmarks bar is much better imo.