Tag Monster - Fight those Track 01's

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mofd, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mofd, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

mofd macrumors newbie

Hello guys,

I am a long time forum lurker and OSX developer. I am excited to announce that the first version of Tag Monster is ready. It's a tagging app for OSX that cleans your iTunes library. When it grows up it aims to be the number one tool for cleaning music libraries.

I would be very pleased if you could give it a try before it hits the app store next week and tell me what you think!
    If you experience any kind of trouble please use the integrated feedback system to send some debug info.

Download here: http://bit.ly/r5zvB3

Thank you and I hope you will have fun with it
    David

2. Razeus macrumors 601

How is this different from the one that costs $9.99 in the Mac App Store.

3. mofd thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just tried the demo versions of some other apps and that was quite a few months back. I was not very impressed with the recognition rate of them. New stuff was almost always not detected. Later on I plan to add some very cool features but this is the 1.0 version so its kept very basic.
    If the rate of the other apps is still the same it should be much better in recognizing your tracks.

4. mofd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the testing!

Thanks, Tag Monster in the store now. Thank you for all the great feedback.

5. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Tried this out - for £7 I thought it was worth a punt.

Unfortunately, the App crashed after about 100 tracks and now refuses to open. Have emailed the developer and left a review to that effect. :(

6. Razeus macrumors 601

This why I'm Leary about paying for these apps on the Mac App Store. Not only are they way more expensive, but you don't really know what you are getting or even if it works. The Mac App store should really give demo's or a try before you buy (with ability to leave reviews so devs can fix bugs). As it stands, I don't purchase much from the Mac App Store because of this fact.

7. mofd thread starter macrumors newbie

I am very sorry to hear that. I am working on that an you will receive an update to fix that ASAP. It went through a long testing phase but it seems like some bugs only show their ugly head when the app is finally in the store.

In the meantime I thank you for your patience

8. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Thanks

mofd has already responded to me and I'm in the process of sending the diagnostics files he's requested.

Pleased with the response so far!

9. Chewiee macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a product that is similar in function to MP3Tag.de's product on Windows.

I can't seem to find any info on your product on either YouTube. There is no feedback on the app store or even any info on your site.

I'd say you might be missing a few sales there, as I myself am not too keen on spending 10 bucks on a product that I can't find out info. NOt even from your own site.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Chewiee

10. CortexRock macrumors 6502

Pleased to report that mofd has now fixed the bug I reported - same day service, very impressive! :D