Taggin and Reanming my mp3s.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cudo, Nov 23, 2008.

1. cudo macrumors regular

Hi ,

im after an app that would allow me to tag and rename my mp3 so that after i add them to my itunes library they stay as one album.

Basically, what I do. say I want to put 10 different mp3s from 10 different albums to form one custom made album, so after i add this folder to itunes it is read by the app as 10 different albums. so as a result i got 10 albums with one song in each of them rather than, as planned, one album with 10 different songs.

back in the win times i used to use tag&rename which woudl allow me to change manually the album names from 10 different ones to say , my_album. by doing this i was able to have one album with 10 different mp3s in it.

any ideas of an app which is capable of doing it under os x ?

cheers

edit:

i have found this ID3 Editor which is ok but lacks million of tag&rename features .

2. forgottensoft macrumors regular

If i understand your question correctly, you can set them as a compilation that will not change the name of the album, but will still have them play together as if they were on the same album. This can be done in the get info window. Select all the songs you want and edit the info together.

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

In iTunes set the Album Name field to "my_album" and the Album Artist field to "Various Artists". Set Compilation to "On". That will keep those tracks grouped together. :)