Tagging in El Capitan

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by kachina, Jun 11, 2015.

1. kachina macrumors newbie

kachina

I cannot seem to get tagging to work in El Capitan. Anyone else having smh problem.

2. PiMac macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar issue:

(1) it resorts back to the original unnamed tags until you resort the tags column in finder
    (2) when adding a new tag to files or folders with multiple different tags all tags are selected for all files

Here are three folders, two with distinct tags, one without. When I try to add a new third tag to all El Capitan adds all the tags to all folders. Yosemite did not have this issue.[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kachina thread starter macrumors newbie

kachina

4. kachina thread starter macrumors newbie

kachina

Yes! I am having same exact problem. Has not changed even with updates installed.
    I am using OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 Beta.

I depend on tagging greatly so really need a fix for this.

5. PiMac macrumors newbie

6. PiMac macrumors newbie

Please let us know if anyone finds out the root of this issue.

Another issue is the lag that occurs when adding new tags, they don't always show in the Finder window.

7. PiMac macrumors newbie

Semi-fix: The favorite tags menu that is accessed via a right click does not appear effected. So as long as the tag is one of your seven favorite you may use it to only add the specified tag(s) to multiply tagged files.

Then in Finder if you press '⌘+,' you can change out your favorites as needed. Hope this helps... this is just one of three major issues I'm having with El Capitan. I'm not convinced it is faster either.

8. whatisthe macrumors member

I'm not able to tag or untag any files, from either right clicking or the toolbar :/ Hopefully Apple fixes this soon