Tagging Issues | TV Shows

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jpbeck76, Apr 21, 2015.

  1. jpbeck76 macrumors member

    jpbeck76

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    #1
    Forgive me if this has already been discussed but I just upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.3 and iTunes to the latest version. It appears that after the upgrade, even though I've used the same tagging structure as before, that all of my TV shows no longer show up by the show name. As a matter of fact, the show name doesn't even appear. All files are grouped together.

    Is this a known issue or is there a workaround in place?
     
  2. dchantry macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2015
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    I have exactly the same issue on my ipad2.
    I have a number of TV shows stored on my ipad2 that I have transferred from iTunes (latest version).
    These shows are not in iCloud, or downloaded from iTunes, they are ones I've converted from the DVD's of the shows onto my iMac.

    I have 4 series of shows with season 1 and this means that I have an icon per show where show was stored under show, then when you go into each individual show it stored them by seasons and then episodes within each season.

    I've just updated the software on my iPad2 to IOS8.3.

    Since the upgrade, the tv shows are no longer stored by the show, then the season and the iPad does not seem to recognise the shows, only the seasons.

    This means that when I go into TV shows, the first show that syncs is the one with the icon showing, then I go into this show and under season 1, it is storing ALL 4 seasons of different shows under season 1.

    I'm pretty anal about the way I store things on the computer and I also like to store things on the iPad like this too as it means I can flick back and forth relatively easily.

    Anyone out there come across this and know how to resolve it or is yet another one of the never end of bugs that continuously get from Apple these days with their updates.
     
  3. dchantry macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2015
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    I had a similar issue. heres a response I had

    I think I may have found a solution. In my library, all of the shows were grouped together except for one, so I went to see what the difference was. And the only difference I could fine was that the "Director" field under "Sorting" was filled in. And it seems if you populate Director with any data, everything returns to normal and shows sort themselves out separately on your iOS device as they should. If there is a logic to this, I don't know what it is... but it seems to sort the matter out.
     

Share This Page