Tagging videos with MetaX

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TheCheapGeek, Mar 9, 2009.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I just recorded a video tutorial on tagging your video files for viewing on Apple TV and the iPhone. Check it out on http://TheCheapGeek.org I hope that this helps someone get the most out your video files and your Apple TV. If anyone has any other questions or suggestions for video tutorials please post. Thanks

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I use tagchimp within MetaX, as it's a lot quicker than filling it all out. I set presets to save the info.
    Also the Josh art grabber doesn't work for movies.

3. TheCheapGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I know, The tag chimp integration seems spotty to me. Sometimes, usually with movies it is very successful and I use that for all tags. Tv shows seem more problematic, so I just type them in. I am also going to do a video tonight on adding the HD tag and the SD-HD tag to video files.

4. unknowng macrumors member

You really should add a link to Dan Hinsley's port of MetaX for Windows. I've been using it since it was still in early development and it's pretty rock solid.

Greg

MetaX for Windows

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

6. Purpdust macrumors member

I use iDentify for TV Show it works great for everything but the art, then I use MetaX for the art.

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Gotta link? Is that Mac software? :confused:

8. TheCheapGeek thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the visits to my site, I will defiantly add a link to metaX for windows. Any other tutorials you guys would like to see?

9. TheCheapGeek thread starter macrumors 6502