Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Not sure if anyone else has gotten this yet, but Taig released an update today. When I tried to run it, I got the size mismatch. So it failed.

Any workaround?

Last edited:

LiamSmith

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
A size mismatch error occurs when the size listed on the repository does not match the actual file size that has been uploaded, contacting the repository owner or the developer of TaiG will help them to resolve it, sometimes a hard reset solves it, at least it did for me.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
A size mismatch error occurs when the size listed on the repository does not match the actual file size that has been uploaded, contacting the repository owner or the developer of TaiG will help them to resolve it, sometimes a hard reset solves it, at least it did for me.

did the update today work for you?

LiamSmith

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
It did not, even with the hard reset, the hard reset in the comment was a reference to previous installations, sadly not this one.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
It did not, even with the hard reset, the hard reset in the comment was a reference to previous installations, sadly not this one.

Boo. Now I have a badge on cydia. Hate having unaddressed badges. OCD

LiamSmith

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2015
Download something called Confero, it's fantastic for managing notifications and icon badges.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Boo. Now I have a badge on cydia. Hate having unaddressed badges. OCD

Select package.

At top - 'Change package settings'.

Toggle on - 'Ignore upgrades'

Done, now that package will be considered an 'ignored upgrades' and won't have a badge on Cydia.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Select package.

At top - 'Change package settings'.

Toggle on - 'Ignore upgrades'

Done, now that package will be considered an 'ignored upgrades' and won't have a badge on Cydia.

But of all the updates I WANT, TaiG seems like an important one, especially if there's optimization in today's update.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
But of all the updates I WANT, TaiG seems like an important one, especially if there's optimization in today's update.

But if you can't install it at the moment, then you might as well get rid of the badge :confused:

I haven't seen any mention of a new untether from TaiG today aside from here....I'm wondering if there actually is an update or if you're just experiencing the bug that people seem to get where it likes to think you have upgrade for the TaiG untether when you actually don't - hence why its failing.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
But if you can't install it at the moment, then you might as well get rid of the badge :confused:

I haven't seen any mention of a new untether from TaiG today aside from here....I'm wondering if there actually is an update or if you're just experiencing the bug that people seem to get where it likes to think you have upgrade for the TaiG untether when you actually don't - hence why its failing.

hmm, dunno.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011

Yeah I suppose you're right, if it turns out to be a legit update, I can always uncheck the ignore box and let er install. It had me excited.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Does it actually show a newer version number for the TaiG update? I get that every 2-3 weeks, but it always shows the same version number. I am also bothered by the badges, but eventually after a day or two it works. It always ends up with the same version number as before, and nothing listed in the release notes about what, if anything has changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.