Taipan Skin for 13": S or XS?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lewis82, Jul 21, 2010.

1. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I'm planning to buy a Booq Taipan skin for my 13" MBP. I hesitate between the S and XS models.

The XS is said to be compatible with MBA and MBP, but at the same time, the max computer size is listed as 12.8"x8.94"x.76".

The S model, which supposedly supports all 13 inchers, has a max computer size of 12.78"x8.94"x.95". The white MBPs are thicker than that.

I guess it means that these skins can stretch to accomodate thicker computers, hence my question: will having more room inside the skin provide more protection, as the foam is not stretched? Any ideas?

2. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

Send them a quick email, their Cust Service is outstanding, prob hear back same day!

3. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

I sent them a question, and they called me (on my phone :eek:) 20 mins later.

You were right on the customer service :cool:

EDIT: and FWIW, she told me that they will offer the same scratch protection, but since they aren't designed for shock protection, it won't change much. I might get the Python, then.

4. lewis82 thread starter macrumors 68000

lewis82

I changed my mind: I'm now getting a Vyper case.

I already Mroogled the question, but I really want to be sure. The 13" MBP does fit in the Vyper SX2, right? Even if it's not specified? Does any of you own one?

(It's cheaper than the SX3, that's why I would prefer to buy this one :D)