take control of your camera roll/ photos

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
do you guys know any cydia apps that give you better management of your photos on your iphone. pref ios5.

example: i would like to not just have one folder 'camera roll'...would like to have different folders, and save the pics taken in the pref folder.

thanks.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2010
Only got it today, can add my pictures to different albums (move them, not just copy like I think ios5 does. Can also add some albums to be password protected which is nice, instead of just locking down the whole Photo app. No problems so far but only just got it

ryno2292

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
I'll second PhotoAlbums +

I've been using it since ios 4 and it works great. You can actually move the photos from the camera roll to an album instead of just adding them to an album like ios 5. You can password protect private albums also. Really missed this app between jailbreaks.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
so i bought it...all i see is the stuff in settings..with 3 options...i open my photos and dont see anything...

help?

no app or gui?

ryno2292

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
so i bought it...all i see is the stuff in settings..with 3 options...i open my photos and dont see anything...

help?

no app or gui?
Open your photos app, hit edit in the upper right, then add on the left to create a new folder. Hit the little lock on the pop up if you want to add a password to the new folder. Then you can start moving photos from the camera roll to new folder.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Open your photos app, hit edit in the upper right, then add on the left to create a new folder. Hit the little lock on the pop up if you want to add a password to the new folder. Then you can start moving photos from the camera roll to new folder.
i tried to do the password thing with a new folder...never saves. will mess with it.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
I was always hesitant with this one. I usually organize my photos in iPhoto, but sometimes I get lazy. Does it work well with iPhoto?

In Like Flynn

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2012
i dont like it..waste of $5

ios5 does all this already. and the making of a password protected folder does not work.

So what's up?
Why is this thread dead?
Did you find an app that works good cause I'm looking to do the same exact thing as you.
Organize my camera roll so everything isn't in just 1 folder.

GzyOnline

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
i dont like it..waste of $5

ios5 does all this already. and the making of a password protected folder does not work.
:confused::eek::(..... any follow-up on this? I don't want to waste $5 on it either.. I would like to do exactly what is mentioned in this thread.. move photos from camera roll to a new/existing album and password protect that album.. please advise, thanks!!

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
:confused::eek::(..... any follow-up on this? I don't want to waste $5 on it either.. I would like to do exactly what is mentioned in this thread.. move photos from camera roll to a new/existing album and password protect that album.. please advise, thanks!!
it works great. that was just me not messing around enough yet. still have the tweak 1.5 years later!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I use photo organizer. It's free and moves photos from camera roll to a new/existing album but it doesn't have a password protect album feature

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.