Take photo from iPhone to picture frame

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sdilley14, Dec 13, 2012.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Ok, simple question here I'm sure, but I'll ask anyway.

I have a picture on my iPhone. I would like to print it off, put it in a frame, and give it to a friend for Christmas. What would be the best way to achieve this? I do not own a printer, so buying my own glossy paper and doing it myself is out of the picture. Also, I'm not sure the dimensions of the photo...I just snapped the picture and cropped it down to my liking.

I thought about going to Walgreens or somewhere like that. Would they be able to take the photo, size it to the dimensions of a photo frame without majorly distorting it, and print it off for me at a reasonable price? Other places I could go to get this done? Other suggestions on how to achieve this?

I know, it's simple, but I have never actually done this before so I'm not quite sure the best way to get it done.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

For most places like Walgreens you should be able to bring a USB cable with you connect your iPhone to their system and select the picture to print, do some basic cropping editing and print away.

Some stores even have apps where you can upload the photo from the app, no cable required. (EDIT: I just checked. The Walgreens app does have print from phone capability).

Depending how big a print you want you may be better off at a place like Costco if you have one nearby and are a member.

B

3. BanterClaus macrumors regular

BanterClaus

If you have an SD card and a computer with an SD card slot this is very easy. Lot's of shops (at least here in the UK) have terminals where you can just plug an SD card in and choose what photos you want to print for very little cost per photo.

So just get your photo off the iPhone (http://osxdaily.com/2010/07/10/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer/) and copy them onto an SD card. Then take it into any store that offers photo printing and they'll help you print it.

EDIT: Ignore me. balamw has explained how to do it better. I didn't realise you could plug the iPhone directly in, in store.

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

I've had great results from the Apple service.

5. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, thank you for the responses guys, I appreciate it!